Monday, May 20, 2013

Swordplay Sketches



The above sketches are for an upcoming Alphabet Attack! drawing, involving a brave hero facing off against demonic fencers. It kinda feels like I've been waiting my entire life to draw a scene like this. Especially when I consider that I grew up with a heaping helping of swashbuckling films. From Errol Flynn's Robin Hood & The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, to Luke Skywalker & Zorro, sword-swinging adventure has always held a special place in my heart & imagination. So it feels wonderful to aim for that same excitement in an illustration of my own.


Alphabet Attack! Series 4
Fresh Illustrations, Monday through Friday
Starting June 3, 2013

"If I don't get some fresh bread soon, gonna punch in yer face & bark at the moon!"
- Dave C.

No comments:

Post a Comment