Monday, June 3, 2013

"Arabica"

"Arabica" / 9 x 12" / acrylic & ink on paper 


Here we go again! Welcome to Series 4 of my daily illustration blog, Alphabet Attack! I'm kicking off this run with a piece dedicated to that most magical beverage -- coffee!

I've been a fan of the bitter brown, since I was a wee boy. My late, Southern Baptist grandmother used to make instant coffee in a battered, stainless steel saucepan, then temper it with a splash of condensed milk. And while I don't remember how old I was when she finally allowed me to take a sip of it, I do know I was hooked from that very first taste.

Nowadays, I tend to take my coffee black. But even with sugar & cream -- be it dark roast or light beans -- a hot cup of coffee makes my morning quite supreme!

- Dave C.

No comments:

Post a Comment