Friday, June 7, 2013

"Eclipsed"

"Eclipsed" / 12 x 17" / acrylic & ink on bristol board 



Today's piece includes several of my favorite subjects to draw -- strange travelers, wild nature & a harbinger of doom! And what says "doom" quite like a tentacled, smoke-spewing behemoth, that's big enough to block out the sun?!

At the start of this one, I was taken by the idea of two voyagers meeting on the coast. One, somewhat human. The other, monstrous & otherworldly. Something about this drawing harkens back to "Wayfarer" for me (from the previous series). But who knows? Maybe the human traveler in this illustration is here to stop this gigantic evil. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

This marks the end of the first week of Series 4. I hope you've enjoyed the art I've posted so far. Have a fantastic weekend, wherever you are. And be sure to tune in Monday for the next installment of Alphabet Attack!

- Dave C.

No comments:

Post a Comment