Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Quack Quarreler"

I was introduced to the world of Bucky O'Hare through the Saturday morning cartoon. But this fable of intergalactic strife betwixt beleaguered mammals and computer-controlled amphibians was originally spawned as a comic book, by creators Larry Hama and Michael Golden (released by Neal Adams' label, Continuity Comics).

The green rabbit leader of a crafty mammalian unit, Captain O'Hare was a cool customer. But I was always partial to his gunner, Deadeye Duck. Mr. Duck was a one-eyed, four-armed, bill-faced blasting machine. His hot temper and lust for "croaking some toad!" has helped cement his permanent badass status, in my late 70's-to-present day imagination.


9 x 12 / mixed media on watercolor paper
$125 for US / $135 for international (includes shipping)
To purchase, email Dave Crosland

3 comments:

  1. Much respect for pulling out Deadeye. Bucky really was a great comic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was a big fan of the cartoon, when I was a kid. I need to hunt down a copy of the comics. I'm assuming there's a TPB lurking around, somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I love this. Easily some of the best BOH fanart I've seen!

    ReplyDelete