Friday, June 3, 2011

"Wintry Woman"

Whether you know her from her days running with the Hellfire Club or her time teaching at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, it's clear that Emma Frost (aka The White Queen) has always been a cool customer.

I got into Miss Frost during the pilot run of Generation X, being drawn in by Chris Bachalo's incredible illustrations. But I quickly became a fan of this smart-mouthed, telepathic educator in white dominatrix gear. I was amazed that anyone would let this woman near children, dressed like that. But I also enjoyed the fact that Emma seemed to downright loathe the kids/teammates she was sworn to aid and protect. It made for some classic villain-turned-good scenarios that totally played to my deep appreciation for baddies. And Generation X, overall, helped maintain my interest in superhero comics, during my transition from high school to college.


9" x 12" / mixed media on watercolor paper
$156 for US / $165 for international (includes shipping)
To purchase, email Dave Crosland

No comments:

Post a Comment