Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Zarana"

Last but not least, we have the letter Z, represented by the omega of Series Two -- Zarana! Her punked-out villainy has held a special place in my heart, since I first saw her on the after school cartoon scene. Guess I've had a thing for tough chicks since I was a kid.

This G.I. Joe baddie is a Dreadnok enforcer, master of disguise and all-around rude girl. With her Australian accent, guttersnipe attitude and hot-pink hair, Zarana comes off like an evil, gun-toting Cyndi Lauper. And not only does she score extra points for being Zartan's sister. She gets a mad bonus because -- believe it or not -- she replaced The Baroness as Destro's main squeeze for a time, after that whole Cobra-La fiasco. Seriously. Now that's some Queen Bee shit right there!

9" x 12" / mixed media on watercolor paper
$206 for US / $215 for international (includes shipping)
To purchase, email Dave Crosland

No comments:

Post a Comment