Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Judgement"

I've been a fan of The Terminator since I was a small boy, making my own T-800 action figure out of Play Doh and pipe cleaners. I don't know how I roped my parents into letting me see this one, what with the ultra-violence and cyborg vivisection. But I should probably be thanking them. James Cameron's twisted, post-apocalyptic future was raw ore for my burgeoning imagination. The year I saw it, I got way into sculpting. Along with the homemade T-800, I would use masking tape and markers to create these gnarly prosthetics for whichever poor G.I. Joe figure got picked to by Kyle Reese. And, of course, I would use my Optimus Prime toy for repeated reinactments of the truck explosion at the end of the movie.

9 x 12" / mixed media on recycled bristol board
Update: SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment