Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Street Samurai Stilettos"

I read William Gibson's Neuromancer back in high school. And I hated its, nearly the entire read through. But somehow, it got it's hooks into me -- I couldn't put it down. I struggled through, frustrated as hell. When, all of a sudden, I got it. And I LOVED it. The world Gibson created was so terribly believable, yet richly imaginative, it just fried my little teenage brain.

Of course, I instantly latched onto the character of Molly Millions, the street samurai who acts as the protagonist's stealthy muscle and casual lover. Molly's body is a futuristic shopping list of upgrades -- mirror-shade lenses for eye sockets, enhanched speed and agility, and 1.5" retractable razor claws. What's not to love?

I just reread Neuromancer. And I'm glad to say it holds up nicely.

9 x 12" / mixed media on recycled bristol board
Update: SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment