Thursday, April 14, 2011

"All American"

I'm kicking off Alphabet Attack! Series 2 with none other than the original super-patriot, Captain America! A few years ago, someone loaned me The Ultimates graphic novels. That was my first big dose of The Cap, and I was blown away by how much I enjoyed the dimensions of the character in those books. He really came across as this 1940's mega-man with everything going for him, save for the fact that he's trapped in an era that simply isn't his time. And that's something I never expected from a spandex book.

To top it off, I just watched the trailer for the new movie, and WASN'T totally horrified. So somewhere between reading The Ultimates and getting giddy for the blockbuster, I was inspired to create this piece.

Also, it's not hard to like a guy who spends a lot of time beating the hell out of Nazis. Captain America, Indiana Jones, Hellboy... it's a surefire formula for fandom.

9 x 12" / mixed media on recycled bristol board
$150 (plus $6 for shipping in the US, or $15 for international)
To purchase, email hiredmeat@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment