Monday, April 25, 2011

"Hornball Heroism"

Today's illustration is a shout-out to my boys Mike Huddleston and Joe Casey for their outstanding new title, Butcher Baker, The Righteous Maker (Image).

I've only read the first issue, but I can already tell that this twisted, surreal take on superheroes and their villains is about to turn the medium of comics on its ass and head at the same time. I don't wanna give anything away if you haven't checked it out yet. But I'll say this: considering how wonderfully decadent issue one is, I can hardly imagine where this is all gonna end. If I were you, I'd be damn sure to catch every issue of this from start to finish. This is some gritty, real-deal, truly original comics shit, and it's happening right before our eyes.


To learn more about the book, peep this Comic Book Resources interview with Joe Casey.

9 x 12 / mixed media on watercolor paper
Update: SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment