Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Virtual Vixen"

Though it took me awhile to get onboard, I ended up thoroughly enjoying the recent revamp of Battlestar Galactica. Having grown up with the old television series, toys and all (I even broke a model viper, while jumping around to a Van Halen video!), I was super-skeptical of the Sci-Fi Channel's updated take on it. But upon the recommendation of a non-nerd BSG fan, I finally decided to sit down and give it a spin.

Of course, I was instantly hooked, from start to finish. And of all the unanswered questions and unexplained phenomena the show's creators conjured up, one of my favorites was the ghostly connection between Dr. Gaius Baltar and Caprica Six. I was regularly amused by the idea of this seductive Cylon woman haunting the guilty, self-serving, slimy genius. The Six spirit guided and consoled him, tormented and punished him. And the whole "proxy of the One True God" aspect only helped to amp up the creepy mystery. Was she a ghost? Was she an angel sent to guide Gaius? Was she just a figment of his depraved conscience and tortured mind? In the end, I couldn't be happier that the show's producers didn't ruin it all by actually telling us.

9 x 12" / mixed media on recycled bristol board
$200 (plus $5 for shipping in the US, or $15 for international)
To purchase, email hiredmeat@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment