Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Devilish Daring"

Criminals better check their dirty habits when they step into Hell's Kitchen, lest they rile the rage of Matthew Murdock , aka Daredevil! Trust me -- nothing will crush an evil ego like getting the snot beat out of you by a blind lawyer.

I never really got into Daredevil until I picked up Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil miniseries, during my last year of college. Before then, I had no idea that the character was basically your standard rooftop-hopping hero, only with much heavier personal issues. Murdock's drug-addicted lovers, daddy issues and hair-trigger temper put him on the same scale as Batman, when it comes to psycho vigilantes in spandex. He's definitely my brand of good guy lunatic.

9 x 12" / mixed media on recycled bristol board
Update: SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment