Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Ironclad Invincibility"

Iron Man is yet another superhero I never paid much attention to, until I finally read The Ultimates. That reading -- coupled with seeing the first Iron Man movie -- totally sold me on this billionaire bad boy in a robot suit. For me, Tony Stark is like a more cynical, self-loathing version of Bruce Wayne. He's even got all the insane gadgets. And Iron Man's"wonderful toys" come in a handy-dandy, all-in-one, body suit format. Top that, Bat-face!

Oh, and I should admit -- all of Ghostface Killah's references to Iron Man and Stark Enterprises play a big role in my enjoyment of the character. I mean, seriously... have you heard Supreme Clientele, lately?!

9 x 12 / mixed media on watercolor paper
$156 for US / $165 for international (includes shipping)
To purchase, email Dave Crosland

No comments:

Post a Comment