Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Exceptional Eradicator"

One of the most surreal comics I've ever read has to be Scud: The Disposable Assassin. A friend turned me onto it, way back in college, and my cartoon-addled mind was blown. The comic was funky science fiction, with aliens, the living dead, a hot chick and inter-dimensional travel on horseback. Not to mention the regular references to music and pop culture. AND the hero was a sentient, nearly indestructible, robot assassin. How could I not be into it?!

Since then, creator Rob Schrab's career has exploded into the ginormous realm of screenwriting and directing out here in Los Angeles. You might know his work on The Sarah Silverman Program, Monster House, or Channel 101. All across the board, this dude is kicking out truly original, insanely imaginative jams. Rob definitely remains a steady inspiration in my own creative battles.

To learn more about Scud, visit robschrab.com/scud. Also, check out Rob's new hardcover art book "But I Can't Do Anything Else" on Amazon. So fresh!

9 x 12" / mixed media on recycled bristol board
Update: SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment